Old Man Emu
Designed for use in the Australian outback for drivers who don't want to worry whether their shock can take it, Old Man Emu (OME) Nitrochargers suit the tarmac highway and byway just as well.
Giving a smoother pitch free ride, sway is reduced but ride comfort is still there.
- 18mm Chromed Shaft, induction hardened with a superfine friction reducing surface to ensure prolonged seal life.
- Glacier Bush & Double Lip Seal, teflon impregnated glacier bush allows for a smooth low friction operation and reduced heat build up in the shaft guide.
- Nitrogen gas, a low pressure gas system allows for slow speed shaft movement giving a more comfortable ride.
- Twin Tube design allows for a greater volume of oil. Contact with rocks and debris does not interfere with the operating components. Much better than mono tube design.
- 35mm Piston & Bore, the 35mm x 20mm teflon banded piston incorporates the new four stage coil sprung rebound valve, to reduce vehicle bounce.
- 35mm 7 stage Compression Valve, the hugh 7 stage valve at the Nitrocharger's base is desgined to prevent bottoming-out and improve handling and ride quality.
- Steel Stone Guard, provides maximum shaft protection from flying stones and hard knocks. plastic guards just rip off and leave the shaft un-protected.
- Supplementary Welds, the mounting ferrule at both ends has additional welds to give added strength.
Old Man EMU Nitrocharger shock absorbers are fitted to the vehicle by the original attachment method, NO need to change mounts. Using Polypropylene bushes to help reduce sudden shock loading at attachment points is just another example of the engineering excellence provided by fitting Old Man Emu Nitrocharger replacement shock absorbers.